• Breaking News

    Warframe Warframe Weekly Advertisement | Warframe Communities!

    Warframe Warframe Weekly Advertisement | Warframe Communities!


    Warframe Weekly Advertisement | Warframe Communities!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    This thread spotlights various public Warframe communities outside of the subreddit!

    Disclaimer: Members of the /r/Warframe moderation team are not involved in the maintenance or running of these communities and don't have positions of authority in them.

    This thread is a placeholder because the Wednesday weekly slot is currently unassigned. Please use this link to suggest a new weekly thread.


    Discord Servers

    English Discord Servers

    Discord Servers in Other Languages


    If you have any suggestions for communities to add to this wiki page, want to report mistranslations or broken links, or want to help with crediting the proper creators, message the moderators!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bad Warframe Comic

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    The Adventures of Umbracat: Nightwave

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Wisp - Neko Maid Girl (Fan art)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 11:01 AM PDT

    Caricatures of grineer from memory

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    When Warframe does warlocks better than Destiny

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    Somebody's probably already done this but hey ho

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    Would you enjoy Corpus vs Grineer PVP game mode?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 02:01 PM PDT

    Why do kubrows look like they have a human head inside?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 11:49 PM PDT

    Is it just me or is my kubrow kinda weird?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 01:17 PM PDT

    Umbra is broken

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    My Operator and Frost!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Baruuk with Mantra skin by lukinu.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    welcome to my market

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    The winning kubrow and kavat skins from last years Tenno’s Best Friend have been confirmed to come with the Venetian Carnival Contest winners, according to DE_Helen

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    QOL | Improve Mission Summary screen: add "leave squad" and "save to disk" buttons, show planet & node, etc

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    Look like Valkyr is joining Naruto Runners for Area 51 Raid.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    What DE don't want you to see about Kitty Maid Wisp. Sad!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    Your prayers have been answered - I present to you... Coptering 2.0!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    Stone Ocean

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    [Major Spoilers] I recalled some lines from The Sacrifice after reading all these posts wanting Umbra to roam around the Orbiter

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    "Feelin' better, kiddo?"

    "I killed him... Isaah."

    "Did you now... Is that how you remember it?"

    "YES."

    "GOOD."

    After reading some of these posts about Umbra having "sentience" and "should be able to roam around the orbiter", I can say... I am a bit conflicted, story-wise.

    In the story, our Operators have entertained, through something resembling the "bleeding effect", the "accurate" memory that we killed Isaah, Umbra Dax's son. This memory also makes this more complicated by the fact that when the scene with Umbra killing Isaah played out, we were assuming the position of Umbra, lying down in the hospital bed instead of standing, where out Operator was... we did actually experienced the "sacrificial" killing of Isaac~ I mean, Isaah.

    Wait, if we are lying down... who is that Operator?

    In my opinion, that was the Man in The Wall, since he's the only one capable of imitating our appearance in the story, so far. Maybe it's really him? Our operator's voice is wrapped in echoes when they speak in that scene, something that Wally is known to do ("H E Y K I D D O"), and for most of our quests so far (more importantly, The War Within), we speak without such echoic effects, even when we were in Voidspace during our time in the caverns.

    Also...

    We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds... but it did not work. Until they came. And it was not their force of will - not their Void devilry - not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing-- And take away its pain.

    Could it be that... we have learned that the way to take away their pain... is to make it our own, effectively moving trauma and memories from one frame into ours? 99% of all frames we have in the game have no memories, only Umbra does. We do not experience such a quest-length endeavor just to "synchronize" with a frame; we immediately assume the position, and off to combat we go.

    If that's how we did calm down Umbra (by actually taking away their pain by making it our own), then have we effectively... "killed" Umbra? From the cutscenes on the Sacrifice, after we have "synchronized" with Umbra... He is more... stiffer than how he used to behave before.

    Linking this cutscene compilation

    At 34:53... After we transferred out, he immediately just... stood still...

    At 36:11... Even if he seemed to have saved us from harm... he again defaulted into standing still...

    Based on his behavior above, that's not how "sentience" works... Could it be... that we have already diminished his "sentience" by syncing? Could he be acting now on pure instinct on combat (similar to how our frame moved all by themselves during The Second Dream)?

    I think DE, if they wish to make this happen (with or without Platinum), will surely find a way to circumvent the above in the name of monetization (and probably appeasing some players) answer the above in any way they wish, but with that in mind, I'm not sure conflicted if I will participate in having Umbra walk and move within our Orbiter... That would only mean one thing... It's alive and has memories... and I can't be sure if he knows that we "killed" Isaah what really happened. I am afraid of him attacking me again. It will break me.

    EDIT: To add, I know that we get to choose what to do with that memory... But where is that memory now, and who owns that memory? If you ask me, it's in us, and is now our memory, primarily because we get to choose what to do with it. Umbra didn't have a say on what to do with it ("I'm afraid the disease has taken your voice." - Ballas).

    Thoughts?

    UPDATE: OMG I just woke from sleep and there are so many messages! I will do my best to answer most in general, and then respond to the rest that I can't squeeze in here in their comments.

    1. "The Operator at that final memory is still us in a projection."
      We are not able to duplicate ourselves in Voidspace as far as we know (our skillset is limited to ourselves at the moment), so, who's that K I D D O?
    2. "How do the warframes we craft fit into all of this?"
      I think that the mass-produced, regular frames have already been "sanitized", free of memories, regardless if they have Kuva. The primes, which would usually need an Orokin Cell, would probably be more sanitized since they are more adorned in gold. Umbra, as Ordis have stated, has a Transference bolt of a unique design, so he might be that unique.
    3. "It's boring and not fun."
      Yeah, sure. DE still has "The New War", and many of my questions and speculations could be answered there. Honestly, it doesn't matter if they magic wand-ed my speculations away, or outright ignore it, but it's really their call and not ours if they wish to make Umbra be able to walk in a non-combat zone with the like of the Orbiter/relays/hubs. Surprisingly, he can move on his own when we're in a dojo (a non-combat zone for many years) and out of the frame, but he's holding a gun and all, so there's either a bug or a possibility.
    4. "It's not the simplest explanation of things."
      I submitted the explanations above as a way for me to see what could be set as confirmed if we really internalize the reality of us "taking in the side-effects of Transference", and claim responsibility (which our Operator did) for Isaah's death (by our own hands), in the quest. It seems that my thoughts that we "diminished" his autonomy has been taken as "us outright removing his consciousness"; I put it in more cents that he still has some degree of it (but not like when he's wild AF), which could explain why he can fight alongside us. Honestly, I think explaining that it's Wally at the last memory is more fitting, not only because "our" voice has so many effects added to it when Umbra killed his son, but it would further cause intrigue (why did Wally did what he did in Apostasy, in Chimera, as if helping us, but say to us that "we're nothing without him" (Shadow choice) at the end of The War Within?)
    5. "Is this an accusation against DE that they will compromise the game in the name of money?"
      We're not really sure if DE will do it in that way, but I personally think that nothing's off the table. From the looks of it, there are more and more cosmetic, Platinum-related items for sale. There's nothing wrong with them trying to make a living, so please do not take it like I don't want them to earn some money to keep the game running. I myself buy cosmetics from the Market from time to time (I'll even admit that I buy plat directly from DE) because I support their development efforts; I just think nothing's too sacred to the point that if they would want to find a way to make Umbra walk on his own (or otherwise), in the way they want to see it happen (monetized or not), then it's fine. More profit would translate into more development and more content, eventually. I am just conflicted if I will make him do so, with regards to how I see the story so far. With that said, I will further clarify the paragraph in question.
    6. "TL;DR?"
      Here's one: It would be better if you read the entire thing, but here is the list of questions I tried to answer in the post: Why are we in the bed when Umbra kills Isaah? Who is that "Operator"? Why when "we" speak, there are so many effects, similar to how Wally speaks? What way have we learned to take away Umbra's pain? Did we do it by making it our own? Why Umbra, after we have "tamed" him, seems stiffer in the cutscenes, posing as similar as when we transfer out of a warframe? Would this mean that if DE made Umbra walk in the Orbiter, that he has regained his memories and may attack me again? Would you be okay if DE charged Plat for Umbra to walk?
    submitted by /u/rekglast
    [link] [comments]

    Tenno, the reactant is working on your relic

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    Well I sure fuckin hope so lotus

    submitted by /u/trapcardbard
    [link] [comments]

    Nef Anyo praising the Void just got on a whole new level.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    WTH am I incubating? It was a kubrow egg, then asked something about a cyst. Btw, just started playing.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    Shoutout to the high MR veterans who help us new Tenno!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    I usually play solo as to not risk dragging others down, but sometimes I feel a bit daring and go for a high level bounty or try my hand at the newly-unlocked Index. When I do, there have been several times I realized I was in too deep and shouldn't have jumped the gun. But there have also been several times where my teammates; randomly joined strangers, dragged my ass to the finish line without a single disparaging line in the chat. They just went to work business-as-usual like the professionals they are, even reviving me when I fell and marking drops with waypoints.

    I know I'm new to the community, but from my brief time here, you Tenno are alright.

    submitted by /u/ReverendShmitty
    [link] [comments]

    I... Somehow got Teshin's nikana... It does good damage

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment