• Breaking News

    Warframe Warframe Weekly Moments | Good Luck? Bad Luck? Share Your Experiences Here!

    Warframe Warframe Weekly Moments | Good Luck? Bad Luck? Share Your Experiences Here!


    Warframe Weekly Moments | Good Luck? Bad Luck? Share Your Experiences Here!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:32 AM PST

    This thread is for sharing your Warframe experiences and good or bad luck. Experiences can be shared any day of the week!

    Whether you praise the Void or curse RNGesus, everyone here can sympathize; share any experiences that you've had in Warframe that you want! You can also freely share things that are listed as "disallowed posts" here.


    Comments are sorted by new by default! And remember...

    Experiences can be shared any day of the week!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Rhino in the Index

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I have a hunch that my clanmate doesn't like guests...

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:09 PM PST

    I drew my boyfriend's synthy Mag fashion.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:00 AM PST

    My experience so far with my first Operation: Plague Star.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    I built a big and beautiful oval office in my dojo. It's tremendous, believe me.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:22 AM PST

    I was told to go spend my plat on something useful...so I made this.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:19 PM PST

    When you still don't have Gauss but DO have a Need for speed

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:22 AM PST

    Bird of Prey Zephyr, my concept of a skin <3

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:22 PM PST

    I'm fine

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Just received a mod that does nothing anymore from a spy mission

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I present, Amalgam Equinox

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Why doesn't the Ludoplex have a Doom clone named Skoom?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:41 PM PST

    Did a bunch of statistics and data analysis (natural language processing) on the 2020 survey data. Long post inside.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Pre-emptive TL;DR - These are the topics I identified in the open ended data:

    Topic Percentage of overall feedback
    QOL 6.92%
    Gear 9.64%
    Duviri 7.66%
    Grind 7.74%
    Bugfixes 8.18%
    Lore 9.03%
    Exploration 7.79%
    Misc. 9.19%
    Polish 10.64%
    Improved release schedule 6.96%
    Proper difficulty 7.87%
    Less disconnect 8.39%

    and in pie-chart form: https://i.imgur.com/AKy7PHx.png



    My regular work involves me messing around with numbers and data, and I actually enjoy statistics, so I thought I'd try to see what I could do with the raw data on the internet. Paging /u/rebulast, I'm assuming DE already has someone doing this stuff back-end, but I'd love to help if possible.

    The numerical data here is pretty easy to handle, but there's this huge open-ended question: "In 2020, I'd like to see more of the following in Warframe". To deal with it, I'm turning to Natural Language Processing (NLP). That's one of the things I love doing most, it's a way to process text data for analysis.

    Here I'm going to use something called Topic Modeling. Not going to go into the math, will explain in the comments if anyone wants. Essentially if you have a large number of text documents (which coincidentally is called a Corpus...), the algorithms will turn up a bunch of topics (each associated with certain words). Each document can have more than one topic. In this case, I'm treating each answer as a 'document'. My objective is to find out what topics roughly describe the majority of the answers, and what topics each of these answers are talking about. This gives me some quantitative numbers from the qualitative data that I can churn into statistics.

    I should add the caveat that there's some RNG to it, and selection and interpretation is a bit of an art. Right now I'm reasonably confident about the general topics, but the fine detail might be a bit off.

    After fiddling around a bit, I've decided that there are somewhere around 10-12 relevant topics that generally pop up every time I run the analysis. These are the topics I identified, together with the names I've given them. Note that the "relevant words" are not chosen by me: these are automatically identified through algorithms. I looked through the words and made a guess as to what kind of 'topic' they are probably referring to. If you've alternative suggestions please let me know in the comments.

    Topic Relevant words (in order of decreasing relevance) Comments
    QOL Mission, quality, life, type, improve, time, way, farm, console, nightwave, easier, endless, control Players who are frustrated about how annoying or time-consuming it is to do missions, farming, nightwave.
    Gear Warframe, weapon, rework, frame, unique, melee, skin, mod, balance, abilities, new, change, deluxe, augment, buff Self-explanatory
    Duviri Prime, raid, operator, custom, mode, game, swear, duviri, return, tutorial, paradox, love, like, lotus, options, stuff I'm guessing people who are excited for lotus to return are also looking at custom operators in Duviri.
    Grind RNG, grind, drop, stat, lich, item, kuva, reward, infest, loot, chance, random, roll, empyrean, remove, rate Self-explanatory. I don't know why infestation is mentioned here.
    Bugfixes Bug, fix, boss, fight, damage, armor, gun, archwing, host, umbra, scale, pl, please, crosssave, variety Here's all the different things that need fixing in the game...
    Lore Lore, quest, story, war, new, cinematic, ass, character, sentient, relation, develop, expanse, leverian, universe, orokin, history Ah yes, cinematic ass.
    Exploration Story, world, open, railjack, cosmetic, bugfix, endgame, dojo, map, room, orbit, pet, decor, ship, rail For some reason the expansions seem to be lumped together with furniture cosmetics?
    Misc. Game, this, feel, make, was, just, like, play, time, please, thing, really, want, ha, lich, because Every time I do topic modeling I end up with at least one topic of random words. I think this is it. I could probably clean it out but it wasn't worth the effort when I can just ignore it.
    Polish Content, old, exist, older, fix, new, revisit, polish, already, improve, focus, rework, game, ad, current, stuff Self-explanatory
    Improved release schedule Update, not, like, 2020, year, release, rush, finish, progress, smaller, complete, plot, frequent, wait, half, clem Sounds like people want 2020 to be a year of better quality updates...
    Proper difficulty Player, enemy, challenge, level, solo, difficulty, experience, content, difficult, high, reward, scale, not, require, engage, veteran This looks like discussing difficulty levels from newbies to vets.
    Less disconnect Fuck, gameplay, better, polish, lich, integral, feature, island, connect, tileset, railjack, UI, space, flesh, exist, core Self-explanatory. "Flesh" probably means "fleshed-out content"

    Ok so players are talking about these 12 topics... or rather, 11 topics and one misc bag of words my algorithm is throwing back at me. Now, I'll get the 'topic weights' of each document, i.e. how strongly each person is talking about each of these 11 topics. Then I'll use that to get the overall distribution of each topic across the whole collection, and also determine how these topics relate to the survey responses.

    Here's the overall distribution:

    https://i.imgur.com/AKy7PHx.png

    Topic Percentage of overall feedback
    QOL 6.92%
    Gear 9.64%
    Duviri 7.66%
    Grind 7.74%
    Bugfixes 8.18%
    Lore 9.03%
    Exploration 7.79%
    Misc. 9.19%
    Polish 10.64%
    Improved release schedule 6.96%
    Proper difficulty 7.87%
    Less disconnect 8.39%

    For the numerical survey data (e.g. rate your 2019 experience), I did a quick correlation. As for the categorical data (e.g. what is your favourite feature), a multiple ANOVA seemed the most convenient and relevant.

    These are the key findings from the correlation, although most of these relationships are honestly pretty weak statistically:

    • A good 2019 experience correlates most to valuing co-op and less to cosmetics and lore
    • Valuing lore correlates with... wanting to see more lore?? Who'd have thought!
    • Valuing balance, difficult content and build customisation seem to correlate with each other
    • Valuing co-op correlates with valuing difficult content
    • To a lesser extent, players with a good 2019 experience tended to talk about polish, openworld, grind and gear
    • To a lesser extent, discussing polish is associated with discussing gear, loot and difficulty

    Please take this with a huge pinch of salt. The correlations here are actually really weak. Everything else has pretty much zero correlation. This is unsurprising since most of the topics and questions are quite distinct.

    As for the multiple ANOVA, my python is taking really long to digest the data, so I'm going to leave it to run overnight and see the results in the morning. Feedback on this analysis would be great. Goodnight everyone!

    submitted by /u/Illuvia
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for the update.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Requiem fissures have ruined void fissures. We finally got an ukko, only 2 months later. Please do something DE

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:45 PM PST

    How do we not have a legit lava planet tileset yet?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:44 PM PST

    I wanna fight the Grineer on the surface of Mustafar. Grineer galleon dont count; also why do they have lava on them?

    submitted by /u/Seto_Fucking_Kaiba
    [link] [comments]

    Zenistar Disk won't always hit enemies in range

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:58 PM PST

    My Kuva Lich decided to toy with my emotions

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Pasted my Railjack in a picture i found (not mine). Could we also explore the deep sea?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:40 PM PST

    *Cowboy noises intesifys*

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:24 PM PST

    I would like more utilization of Maroo as a treasure hunt mission giver

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:38 AM PST

    To put it simply. I want more.

    More missions, more voice acting lines, more loot, more objectives, more menus, more characters sightings.

    For starters, I want Maroo to be a hub for treasure hunter bounties and quests. I know bounties are hit-and-miss for fun because of how long they can take and how repetitive they can be, but I don't see it as a reduction in quality of content to have more of it here. Right now there's just the weekly mission. Having something to do on-call is a good thing. I see it as a more broadened path. We've already got a mechanic in missions where Lotus changes the objective, then there's also mobile defenses and assault, so I know you could make bounties using regular missions.

    Then, I want her to be likened to a neutral syndicate, like an adventurers guild. That should come with Warframe themed Indiana Jones temple diver outfits for operators, sigils, weapon cosmetics (like a whip), other rare cosmetic artifact items to save up for and put in our ship or dojo.

    Moving forward, I would like to see Maroo and Baro either be working together or as rivals, with their united enemy being Nef Anyo; in the hunt for the lost secrets and treasures of the Orokin Empire and whatever predated or came after it. Making a united effort to expand the lore for those that want it.

    On that note, this entire thing is lore fluff and fun. So I'm not asking for it to be incorporated into the greater quest line involving the sentients.

    Something I want very much, not just for this but around more of the game, is recognition of accomplishment. We sort of got that in Cetus, where Konzu calls us by our rank with the Ostrons, and again in Fortuna after we reach top rank there we get... a more intimate perspective of the Solaris. When we finish something and then we do it again, I'd like the reason to change and maybe a quick comment like "here we go again". If it's something we'll be doing quite often, maybe don't make the reason to be something that isn't likely to repeat.

    If the voice acting and animation is too big of a limitation, I get it, resources can stretch thin and even small visual courtesies can be costly. Believe me when I say that players have been and will be satisfied looking at a printed name with rolling text. If we're temple diving or carving through derelicts, just say the signal is bugged and this is the best she can manage.

    I'd like to see Maroo pop up in all the open world settings. Just your neighborhood treasure hunter who heard about some prize going around. For all I know, it could be as simple as medicinal herbs, batteries and rare gems. Maybe someday we can see her talking to Little Duck and Saya about something.

    At some point, we need a race to the objective. I hope it's not pvp, but it easily could turn out that way as an alternative. The idea is simple, we've already done it a hundred times. We're told about an artifact and we have to go get it. The catch is that somebody else heard too and they're in there with us trying to get it first. The artifact could be dropped and friendly fire is on, but we don't have our usual weapons (we're treasure hunting in ancient ruins, not raiding through new compounds). So pvp would be more hit count based rather than a product of mods giving an unfair advantage. Better to try running for the exit. I would prefer this be against an npc with the odds stacked in our favor, because that's more satisfying. Have them run with the difficulty of a capture target. To the victor go the spoils, which can be turned in for prize tokens at Maroo's syndicate shop.

    And it's a long shot, but if there's any way our work can somehow translate into real life efforts, that would be good. Maybe let us slog through captchas, intervene in machine learning road blocks, or teach us how to process data or do some kind of data entry. That way, we can do a this-or-that reasoning for having the option of using plat in Maroo's syndicate shop. Maybe give the option of spending them on a real world charity. If we're providing an actual money making (but also non-profit) service, maybe that'd make it easier on DE. Maybe it wouldn't offer very much, but anything is more than nothing.

    But yeah, I want more to do with Maroo.

    submitted by /u/sir_deadlock
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently you can throw a camera out the orbiter window if hotkeyed

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Warframe's mission types are fun, but also wasted potential

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:56 PM PST

    I wanna start by saying, my ideas are MY IDEAS. I'm not telling DE to do this, or telling you to agree, I just wanna start a discussion on the missions we play over an over. If you think my ideas are cool, that's cool. If you have your own, drop them below. If you don't think we need changed at all, explain why. That's what this post is for!

    While I was never around to play the "raids" before they got removed, I think the idea of having them is great. Just the idea of a unique, large scale mission is amazing to me. I find myself burnt out and bored, at only MR12, when I don't have something to do, and I think it's because I'm not always having fun in a mission. Instead of wanting for new missions, I wonder how we could simply change what we already have.

    I think the basic concepts of our missions are great, and they make sense based off the game's theme, but don't 100% explore that, and I don't know how to best explain that besides visualizing what I think they could be.

    Sabotage missions could see an increase in scale, compared to what we have now. What does blowing up a random galleon or Corpus ship really do to their forces? Imagine turning Grineer cannons, galleons and weapons on their own fleet, like in everyone's favorite assault mission. Or imagine delving underground, into Corpus laboratories, destroying their proxies before they can be used against us, or even turning them against their makers and having them do it for us would be a lot more interesting.

    Imagine actually spying, instead of hacking random consoles. A mission truly revolving around stealth, where you must stay in the shadows, gathering intel in a variety of means, and taking out troublesome targets. Being spotted could have real weight, with an enemy signaling command about your presence leading to a gameover. This would be difficult for most frames on our current tilesets, though.

    Rescue missions always bothered me. They've taken an operative prisoner... on a basic galleon? Shouldn't rescue missions take place in an actual prison? In these new rescue missions, the frantic guessing game we have now would be way too risky. The mission could start with you needing to hack your way into the prison's systems, figuring out which cell your target is on. You could get an access key from a warden, or even target critical systems to cause a prison wide blackout, releasing all types of prisoners. Some may be grateful to the Tenno, and others... not so much. Causing a blackout could be a direct goal in certain missions, simply to hurt enemy morale.

    We've seen Orokin structures in the void, derelicts and lua, but why stop there? Imagine a Tomb Raider-esque replacement to excavation, sending us in to buried Orokin structures and towers on Earth or Mars, battling with the Grineer or Corpus over what we find? The "tombs" don't even have to be Orokin. We already have Martian remains, and we could get an all new tileset with Earth's caves.

    Imagine having an actual chase in stolen vehicles for hijack, or capture missions sending you through tree-top platforms on Earth, or dashing through floating platforms for Corpus elites on Jupiter! Or sending these same platforms crashing through the gas giant in sabotage! I can't begin to cover all of my ideas, which is kind of sad when you consider how basic our current missions can be. I love Warframe as it is, but I can't help but love the idea of what It could be.

    submitted by /u/p00py246
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished second dream, and wow

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:19 AM PST

    The fact that this game is free still continues to amaze me, the visuals, the music, the story, all come together for what has become quite possibly one of the greatest pay-offs in a game for me for a LONG time. Then I realize that, just like when I got introduced to archwings, the game just opened up a whole new way to play, I realized that all the memes about this being a tutorial were true, the real fun starts now.

    Truly, DE should be proud of the world and story they've created, I'm extremely excited to continue playing -especially because I got my friends into the game- for a long time, just, thank you DE, thank you

    submitted by /u/Welcome--Matt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment